Goal of Program
What is the goal of the Spanish Bilingual Program and who does the Program serve?
- To provide English Learners whose first language is Spanish and who have limited English proficiency, with equal access to education through the use of Spanish and English
- To develop English language proficiency in accordance with the WIDA Language Proficiency Standards
- To instruct students in both English and their native language in core academic subjects at school (language arts, math, science and social studies)
- To grow biliterate students who can read, write and speak in Spanish and English
- To teach the history and culture of the country of the students' native language